You never get to make a second first impression. In fact, you have about 15 seconds. Tweet This
This popular keynote is perfect for salespeople, customer service representatives, and leaders of all stripes.
Take something as simple as a compliment. Did you know there are two types?
“Inside” and “outside” compliments make the world go ’round.
“Outside” compliments are rather shallow comments that are usually triggered by a visual trigger such as someone’s new haircut or outfit.
In other words, you see something on the outside of a person’s body and say something to them about it.
“Inside” compliments, on the other hand, involve giving a person a deep, heartfelt comment that involves the person’s character or energy or integrity.
In this case, you see something on the inside of a person and say something to them about it.
This short video from Michael’s YouTube channel shows how to gracefully deliver a compliment within the first 15 seconds.
In How to Engage Anyone in 15 Seconds, Michael Angelo Caruso covers how to:
– Execute “The Perfect Handshake”
– Diffuse an angry customer
– Smile every time you walk into a room
– Craft an impressive elevator speech
– Keep your body language from working against you
– Master the lost art of compliment
– Meet 60 people in 60 minutes at your next networking event
– Sell without seeming like your selling
– Create value in the first ten words you say to someone
– Present value to customers and prospects
– Improve your reputation, build your brand, and generate referrals
– Make work fun again
– Read people better and faster
– Tell if someone is fibbing
– And much more!
You have 15 seconds to make a good first impression
Michael is well known for “working in the crowd.” He often speaks “in the round,” interviewing audience members and getting people to play with him.
This unusual speaking style has some meeting planners referring to Michael as “the best speaker in America.”