Note: This 5 Cool Ideas book is now in the fourth printing of its 2nd edition.
The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your decisions.
Here’s some inspiration to start making better choices at work and at home.
Easy to read and even easier to implement, these tips will be great for you and the people around you.
Get a copy for each member of your team; bulk discounts are available.
Remember, you can’t be more successful unless the people around you are more successful.
Michael Angelo Caruso’s 5 Cool Ideas for Working, Living & Feeling has tips on over 60 topics, including:
Ideas for working
- Give fantastic presentations
- Avoid information overload
- Provide remarkable customer service
- Interview prospective employees
- Be the most professional person on your team
- Improve sales
- Sharpen your writing
- Get your e-mail answered
- Use an e-mail signature file that gets things done
- Deal with entitlement-based employees
- Work a room and network like a pro
- Become a better speaker
- Create motivational job descriptions
- And more
Ideas for living
- Improve your public speaking
- Become an even better listener
- Improve your body language
- Build better relationships
- Remember names
- Receive customer satisfaction almost every time
- Be in control almost every day
- Deal with difficult people
- Diffuse an angry person
- Solve problems faster and better
- Manage time rather than have time manage you
- Be more persuasive
- Improve your sense of style, if you’re a man
- Cope with negative people
- And more
Ideas for feeling better
- Be happier and healthier
- Maintain your ideal body-weight
- Travel healthy and worry-free
- Get better sleep
- Reduce stress to almost zero
- Lose a headache quickly without medication
- Exercise tips that work
- Create a rewarding “power hour”
- Offer reward/consequence proposals that pay off for everyone
- And more
5 Cool Ideas on How to Be More Attractive
If being physically attractive means to be good looking on the outside, being psychologically attractive is to be good looking on the inside.
Being psychologically attractive is a talent that is helpful in almost any line of work and certainly useful in personal life.
Here are 5 Cool Ideas on how to be more attractive.
1. It is good to be “attractive” on the inside.
In America, we tend to think of attractiveness as being young, sexy and pretty.By that definition, when we are no longer young, we are no longer attractive. Let’s think of it another way. The root word of attractive is “attract” and we are trying to attract our greatest resource “ other people.
2. Your unique qualities are attractive.
In his fantastic book, The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz writes that we often compare ourselves to an image of perfection in order to be accepted.
When we discover we’re not perfect (which for me, happens every day), we reject ourselves and send signals to others that we are not good enough. The art of being attractive helps you focus on what you have to offer. When you display your unique and special characteristics to others, they will not only accept you, they will be attracted to you.
3. Show and tell people how you are special.
Develop an “elevator speech” that can be delivered to people that you meet.
This short speech will allow others to get excited about you and help them anticipate interaction with you. Deliver your message in exciting, provocative sound bites. For instance, instead of saying “I’m a teacher,” smile and say, “I mentor heroes.” Instead of saying “I work in a child care center,” jut out your chest and say, “I create memories.” Avoid clichés. Focus on leaving distinct, positive impressions.
4. Everyone is an expert at something.
Position yourself as an expert. Write a 300-word special report or blog post and send it it to your corporate newsletter office. Submit it to your favorite trade publication and the local newspaper. Create a twenty-minute presentation and arrange to deliver it to local Rotary and Optimist clubs.
You’ll be sowing seeds from which great things will grow.
5. Find others to be attractive. By acknowledging the attractiveness of others, you will undoubtedly become very attractive yourself.